Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Andy Pye - "Performance: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" (1970)



      Performance is in my all time top 5 films ever and the soundtrack is a magic selection of music.
     The film & soundtrack have a special time in my life when me and some friends lived in a shared house and we used to watch this film on a nightly basis. It was actually recorded from a Sunday evening showing on BBC2 and Alex Cox‘s Moviedrome film nights I was only 18 at the time maybe 17.
      The story behind the soundtrack is filled with even more bizarre turns as Anita Pallenberg was going out with Keith Richards but played Jagger’s girlfriend in the film, which by all accounts was a bit too real! James Fox had to have 5 years out of acting after this film saying it had played with his mind a bit too much.
      Getting back to the reason I chose this as a favourite is I never tire of it the two songs you can hear Memo From Turner & Poor White Hound Dog sang by Merry Clayton are just stunning songs.
      If you haven’t seen the film or heard the soundtrack jump in have a watch and take a listen it is a thing of pure beauty.
Andy Pye


Come now, gentleman, your love is all I crave. 
You'll still be in the circus when I'm laughing, laughing on my grave.

‘Memo From Turner’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poor White Hound Dog
 

Memo From Turner
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Useful links:

Balearic Social on Facebook
Balearic Social on Soundcloud
Balearic Social Blog

Thanks Andy!




No comments:

Post a Comment